Winter tips for the home to prevent water and fire damage
Posted by administrator on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009
Over the last few days we have had some very cold temperatures. The upper valley, St. Anthony, Ashton and the Driggs Valley have been in the teens. With these cold temperatures the fire season for homes and offices has started.
- If you have a wood burning stove, check and clean your chimney every year.
- Change your furnace filter before cold weather to prevent toxic gas build up or fire damage. Take a moment and check out the chimney as well.
- Avoid using portable heaters and never leave them unattended.
- Insulate pipes that can be exposed to wind and cold air. Check out your crawl space (if you have one) and attic. Insulate pipes in those area from freezing and breaking.
- If you live in the rural area and have an outside pump house. Take precautions with pipes and the use of heaters.
No one has commented yet.