Fire Damage: Part 3 - Smoke Detectors
Posted by administrator on Saturday, May 7th, 2011
A continuation of an article in, "Easter Idaho Home and Garden". The importance of smoke detectors.
- Install smoke detectors on every level of your home and outside of sleeping areas.
- Test every detector at least once a month. See the instruction book of each detector for the location of the test button.
- Keep smoke detectors free from dust. Replace batteries with new ones at least once a year, or sooner if the detector makes a chirping sound. A great time to replace the batteries is in the fall when we switch off of daylight savings time.
- If you have a smoke detector directly wired into your electrical system, be sure that the signal light is blinking periodically. This blinking light indicates that the alarm is active.
- Inexpensive smoke detectors are available for the hearing impaired.
No one has commented yet.