Fire Damage: Part 6 - Exit Plan
Posted by administrator on Friday, May 13th, 2011
Our post today is the last in this series about fire facts / preventions. In the original article in, " East Idaho Home and Garden" this section points out the need to be prepared.
- Prepare a floor plan of your home showing at least two ways out of each room.
- Sleep with your bedroom door closed. In the event of fire, it helps to hold back heat and smoke. But if a door feels hot, do not open it; escape through another door or window.
- Easy-to-use window escapes ladders are available through many catalogues and outlet stores. For instance, First Alert sells one for around $90.
- Agree on a fixed location out-of-doors where family members are to gather for a head count.
- Stay together away from the fire. Call 911 from another location. Make certain that on one goes back inside the buring building.
No one has commented yet.